Stimulating Innovation for the Fully Connected Society
When and Where
2-5 March 2015 Barcelona
The Ministerial Programme is the cornerstone of the GSMA’s government programme and focuses on debate and knowledge-sharing of the revolutionary power of mobile. In 2014, the Programme again saw record attendance with the participation of 139 government delegations and 22 international institutions.
The Programme is targeted at senior government and industry representatives and focuses on current and future high-impact issues for the mobile sector. Attendance is open to:
- National telecommunications ministries and regulatory authorities
- Senior representatives from selected international organisations and intergovernmental bodies
- C-level and senior regulatory representatives from the mobile industry, including network operators and vendors
The Ministerial Programme offers:
- The Mobile World Summit which explores the opportunities and challenges for mobile across all markets. The Summit is open to one C-level representative from each GSMA member/associate member organisation, as well as national ministers and heads of regulatory authorities.
- The Government Mobile Forum which examines the specific regulatory issues shaping the mobile revolution.
- The Government Mobile Excellence Awards which recognise governments for their innovative mobile policies and initiatives.
- In-depth and interactive thematic workshops which provide insights for governments looking at leveraging mobile for development and economic growth.
- Regional summits which focus on mobile’s role in Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East & North Africa, Latin America, and the Island Nations.
- Bilateral meetings to facilitate dialogue between governments, the GSMA and other senior representatives of the mobile industry.
- Extensive networking opportunities including a cocktail reception.