CONGRESS: 2016 GSMA MINISTERIAL PROGRAMME
When and where
22-25 February 2016, Barcelona, Spain.
In 2006, the Ministerial Programme started as a half-day Government Mobile Forum with just a handful of governments attending. Each year, its popularity and scope have grown, attracting more attendees. In 2016, it drew nearly 1500 senior government and industry representatives, including delegations from 137 countries and 31 international organizations.
The Programme is targeted at senior government and industry representatives and focuses on current and future high-impact issues for the mobile sector. Attendance is open to:
- National telecommunications ministries and regulatory authorities;
- Senior representatives from selected international organizations and intergovernmental bodies; and
- C-level and senior regulatory representatives from the mobile industry, including network operators and vendors.
The Ministerial Programme offers:
- The Mobile World Summitwhich is designed to establish an open dialogue between ecosystem leaders and policymakers on the mobile industry’s priorities and future direction.
- The Government Excellence Awardswhich recognize governments who have demonstrated world-class leadership in telecommunications regulatory policy and practice.
- In-depth and interactive leadership workshopswhich provide insights for governments and industry leaders looking at leveraging mobile for development and economic growth.
- Regional summitswhich focus on mobile’s role in Asia Pacific, Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Middle East and North Africa.
- Bilateral meetingsto facilitate dialogue between governments, the GSMA and other senior representatives from the mobile industry.
- Extensive networking opportunitiesincluding a cocktail reception.