NXN was appointed by Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) as the smart city consultant for Silicon Park. NXN’s goal was to develop a holistic and integrated smart district master plan including a smart services portfolio for Silicon Park, in accordance with global best practices, key performance indicators based on international standards, Dubai Government’s Smart Dubai objectives and guidelines, and DSOA’s vision regarding Silicon Park.
Key Objectives of the Project:
• Alignment and assessment of Silicon Park master plan related to the Smart ICT, Smart technologies, and Smart Services, to ensure compliance with the DSOA, stakeholders, and authority requirements, and international best practice for Smart District.
• Develop overall Smart District ICT concept design, Smart ICT and technology blueprint and strategy, service delivery framework, and operating models
• Develop detailed technical design and specifications.
• Define Smart District services and value-propositions
• Conduct cost benefit analysis.
• Prepare tender material including technical design document, Rollout Plan, testing and commissioning specification, bill of quantity.
• Develop execution quality assurance guidelines.
• Supervision of system integrator(s) and service providers, conduct progress review and quality assurance during the execution phase.
• Liaise with relevant authorities.
• Review and provide input to applicable documents.
This extensive exercise carried out with the DSOA Smart Task Force to develop Smart Services for DSOA Silicon Park was a true success and a first of its kind in the region. These building initiatives have been adopted and designed for DSOA Silicon Park.
With Silicon Park, NXN was able to come in right at the onset and build a holistic and horizontally integrated smart district system, which will bring future benefits, such as greater efficiency, communication and collaboration within the Silicon Park district. This in-turn will enhance the tenants’ experience and quality of life, as well as improve operating conditions for businesses within the community. NXN delivered the development of an overall Smart district ICT concept design, technology blueprint, and service delivery framework.
NXN, leading smart city consulting and digital service provider, jointly with Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DOSA) have won the ‘Best infrastructure Innovation Award’ at the annual Global telecoms business (GTB) innovation awards ceremony held in London.
In what was an engaging and insightful interview, Matta outlined the benefits of the collaboration with Du.
The unique adoption of an iterative strategic partners evaluation process to fuel smart city transformation.
How Smart Dubai Platform is Enabling an Agile Data-Driven City.